I just an the stock animal.clp example that ships with
Jess6.0 and noticed odd behavior. The rule runs just
fine, but when I answer no to "try again", it doesn't
correctly save the facts I've added. It ends up wiping
the file so that it is empty.

if I change:

(save-facts "animal.dat" node next-gensym-idx))

(save-facts "animal.dat"))

it correctly saves the file.

peter