-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Karen Fox
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 9:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JESS: Passing a Java Variable in a Jess Call

I am trying to change some of my paths to files into Java variables so
that we only have to change them in one place if necessary.  However,
when I try to pass the variable in a rete.executeCommand, it won't work.
 Is that because I can't mix Jess and Java?

For instance, this works:
r.executeCommand("(load-project
 C:/dev/Protege-2000/projects/OrgOnt.pprj)");

I want to swap out the second part of that (the classpath) to a Java
variable but nothing I've tried has worked.  Is this impossible or am I
just approaching it incorrectly?

I've tried isolating the variable:
r.executeCommand("(load-project " + Protegepath + ")");

and storing the information in a jess variable, then using it:
r.executeCommand("(load-project ?Protegepath)");

and many variations of other things.  Thus far, the only thing that
works is to have the path in there.  I would appreciate any suggestions,
even if it's just to tell me this cannot be done.  Thank you all for
your time and talent.

--
Karen Fox
Technical Project Support III