About a two months back, there was a discussion about JESP and improving the extensibility of Jess.  I was reviewing Forgy's original RETE paper from 1982 and thinking about what features would make Jess even better than it is. Which is pretty good IMO.

I was wondering if JavaCC or ANTLR are being considered for the new jess parser. I ask because there's good grammar examples for JavaCC and ANTLR, so it would be fairly painless for a developer to write a new grammar and plug it into Jess. I've used JavaCC and the latest version is pretty powerful. If the new jess parser architecture had top level interfaces defined for LHS and Rule, writing a RuleML or RDF grammar would be relatively straight forward. It would also make adding new features/functions relatively easy. What do other jess users think?

Do you Yahoo!?