I will be fixing the various bugs in my JessWin as soon as I receive the JESS book and have time to go through it with a fine tooth comb.
-----Original Message-----
From: un ethix [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 8:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: JESS: Jess IDE -> Eclipse plug-in

My personal thoughts on this are, not knowing what eclipse is (apart from a 'general IDE'), and not wanting to use Jess for large scale development efforts, I am naturally against being constrained to having to learn how to use and download something like Eclipse in order to have a Jess IDE.

However, I am, at present, not completely satisfied with the current Jess development toos that I have at my disposal. The Jess console is excellent, but very limited. JessWin is ideal, but very buggy. The 'jess-modes' are all very good, but they are limited as editors and constrain me to learn how to use them when I might not want to. Eclipse does not appear to be easy to download, setup and use - and I do not know what it could do for me (is it similar to something like JessWin, except multi-language?). As I have a slow internet connection - I also cannot download it (easily).

All this said - I am happy to hear that a serious development effort is underway to enrich Jess with a proper IDE, though by the sounds of things it will probably be many, many months (of hard toil) before it is released. So if there is something that I can do to speed up this process I would (probably) be glad to.

Regards,

___
Un