From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Daily devotions for 08-14-2004:
Devotion: Morning and Evening
Morning Title: Gladness of Heart
Evening Title: The Father Knows
Do you enjoy this devotional? Send it on to a friend!

Morning: Gladness of Heart
"Thou, Lord, hast made me glad through Thy work." --Psalm 92:4

Do you believe that your sins are forgiven, and
that Christ has made a full atonement for them?
Then what a joyful Christian you ought to be! How
you should live above the common trials and
troubles of the world! Since sin is forgiven, can
it matter what happens to you now? Luther said,
"Smite, Lord, smite, for my sin is forgiven; if
Thou hast but forgiven me, smite as hard as Thou
wilt"; and in a similar spirit you may say, "Send
sickness, poverty, losses, crosses, persecution,
what Thou wilt, Thou hast forgiven me, and my
soul is glad." Christian, if thou art thus saved,
whilst thou art glad, be grateful and loving.
Cling to that cross which took thy sin away;
serve thou Him who served thee.

"I beseech you therefore, by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice,
holy, acceptable unto God, which is your
reasonable service." Let not your zeal evaporate
in some little ebullition of song. Show your love
in expressive tokens. Love the brethren of Him
who loved you. If there be a Mephibosheth
anywhere who is lame or halt, help him for
Jonathan's sake. If there be a poor tried
believer, weep with him, and bear his cross for
the sake of Him who wept for thee and carried thy
sins. Since thou art thus forgiven freely for
Christ's sake, go and tell to others the joyful
news of pardoning mercy. Be not contented with
this unspeakable blessing for thyself alone, but
publish abroad the story of the cross.

Holy gladness and holy boldness will make you a
good preacher, and all the world will be a pulpit
for you to preach in. Cheerful holiness is the
most forcible of sermons, but the Lord must give
it you. Seek it this morning before you go into
the world. When it is the Lord's work in which we
rejoice, we need not be afraid of being too glad.

Evening: The Father Knows
"I know their sorrows." --Exodus 3:7

The child is cheered as he sings, "This my father
knows"; and shall not we be comforted as we
discern that our dear Friend and tender
soul-husband knows all about us?

   He is the Physician, and if He knows all,
there is no need that the patient should know.
Hush, thou silly, fluttering heart, prying,
peeping, and suspecting! What thou knowest not
now, thou shalt know hereafter, and meanwhile
Jesus, the beloved Physician, knows thy soul in
adversities. Why need the patient analyze all the
medicine, or estimate all the symptoms? This is
the Physician's work, not mine; it is my business
to trust, and His to prescribe. If He shall write
His prescription in uncouth characters which I
cannot read, I will not be uneasy on that
account, but rely upon His unfailing skill to
make all plain in the result, however mysterious
in the working.

   He is the Master, and His knowledge is to
serve us instead of our own; we are to obey, not
to judge: "The servant knoweth not what his lord
doeth." Shall the architect explain his plans to
every hodman on the works? If he knows his own
intent, is it not enough? The vessel on the wheel
cannot guess to what pattern it shall be
conformed, but if the potter understands his art,
what matters the ignorance of the clay? My Lord
must not be cross-questioned any more by one so
ignorant as I am.

   He is the Head. All understanding centres
there. What judgment has the arm? What
comprehension has the foot? All the power to know
lies in the head. Why should the member have a
brain of its own when the head fulfils for it
every intellectual office? Here, then, must the
believer rest his comfort in sickness, not that
he himself can see the end, but that Jesus knows
all. Sweet Lord, be thou for ever eye, and soul,
and head for us, and let us be content to know
only what Thou choosest to reveal

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/IYOolB/TM
Daftar : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Keluar : [EMAIL PROTECTED]