From: "Dwayne Savaya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Gods Work Ministry Inspirational and Encouragement E-Mail

Dear Friend,

It is important for us to stand firm in the difficult times of life and
know that the storms will soon pass and calm will be restored.  We must
remember the goodness of God and see that He has not left our side, but
will be there to strengthen us and place our feet on His solid ground.
Trust the Lord in every area of your life and confess with your mouth that
all will be well.  Just as the Lord has delivered you in the past, He will
do it again and show you His infinite strength.  Be encouraged to praise
God for the love that He offers which is immeasurable. (Ephesians 6:10-18)

I hope today's message inspires your heart to see that the storms of life will
soon pass away and will be restored with the peace of God which passes all
understanding.

LIFE IS A BAG OF FROZEN PEAS

A few weeks after my first wife, Georgia, was called to heaven, I was
cooking dinner for my son and myself. For a vegetable, I decided on frozen
peas. As I was cutting open the bag, it slipped from my hands and crashed
to the floor. The peas, like marbles, rolled everywhere. I tried to use a
broom, but with each swipe the peas rolled across the kitchen, bounced off
the wall on the other side and rolled in another direction.

My mental state at the time was fragile. Losing a spouse is an unbearable
pain. I got on my hands and knees and pulled them into a pile to dispose
of. I was half laughing and half crying as I collected them. I could see the
humor in what happened, but it doesn't take much for a person dealing with
grief to break down.

For the next week, every time I was in the kitchen, I would find a pea
that had escaped my first cleanup. In a corner, behind a table leg, in the
frays at the end of a mat, or hidden under a heater, they kept turning up.
Eight months later I pulled out the refrigerator to clean, and found a
dozen or so petrified peas hidden underneath.

At the time I found those few remaining peas, I was in a new relationship
with a wonderful woman I met in a widow/widower support group. After we
married, I was reminded of those peas under the refrigerator. I realized
my life had been like that bag of frozen peas. It had shattered. My wife
was gone. I was in a new city with a busy job and a son having trouble
adjusting to his new surroundings and the loss of his mother. I was a
wreck. I was a bag of spilled, frozen peas. My life had come apart and
scattered.

When life gets you down; when everything you know comes apart; when you
think you can never get through the tough times, remember, it is just a
bag of scattered, frozen peas. The peas can be collected and life will
move on. You will find all the peas. First the easy peas come together in
a pile. You pick them up and start to move on. Later you will find the bigger
and harder to find peas. When you pull all the peas together, life will be
whole again.

The life you know can be scattered at any time. You will move on, but how
fast you collect your peas depends on you. Will you keep scattering them around
with a broom, or will you pick them up one-by-one and put your life back
together?

How will you collect your peas?
By Michael T. Smith

Read and meditate on these scriptures:

Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and
supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your
hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Colossians 3:15-16 "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the
which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of
Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another
in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to
the Lord."

Psalm 56:9-11 "When I cry unto Thee, then shall mine enemies turn back:
this I know; for God is for me. In God will I praise His word: in the LORD
will I praise His word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid
what man can do unto me."

Proverbs 6:20-23 "My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not
the law of thy mother: Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them
about thy neck. When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it
shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. For the
commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are
the way of life."

All of these scriptures can be found in the King James Version Bible.

Today's Selected Poem:  MESSAGES TO REMEMBER
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/inpoem110.htm

Today's Selected Testimony:  GOD HAS A PLAN
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/testimony169.htm
From: "Dwayne Savaya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Gods Work Ministry Inspirational and Encouragement E-Mail

Dear Friend,

With the short time that God has given us on the earth, we are to use our
time wisely and do things with those whom we love that will be remembered
for years to come.  Doing simple things such as going for a picnic, reading
stories to one another, exchanging handmade gifts, playing games together
and simply showing our love can do so much to impart how we feel towards
those closest to us.  Be encouraged to seize every opportunity to create
memories of love with your family and friends because we never know when
this precious gift will be taken away. (John 13:34) (James 1:17-27)

I hope today's message ministers to your heart to take the initiative today
to create memories with those whom you love that can never be erased.

NOTHING ALL THAT SPECIAL

This past weekend two of our granddaughters, Hannah and Katie came for a visit.

We had a great time together doing simple, everyday things that probably
wouldn't be all that impressive to too many people.

We ate our cereal on the back porch.  We called our lunch a picnic when we
took it outside.  We sang nursery rhymes and children's songs.

Two-year-old Katie chattered away.  Five-year-old Hannah told us all about
kindergarten and even read to us.  (It's amazing how quickly children can
learn.)

When Pa went to take the garbage to the dumpster, Hannah went along.  She
had a blast!  She giggled as she told me how badly it smelled.  She
explained to me how Pa tossed the bags and they landed right where he aimed.

We played with the dogs and cats.  We fed the goldfish in our pond.  Hannah
said the blessing before each meal.  Together, we recited her bedtime prayers.
I rocked Katie to sleep.  We took the girls to the zoo.  They shuddered when
they spied the alligators and giggled when they saw the monkeys.  We drew
pictures and colored.

We did nothing special.  But we had a great time doing it!

Sunday came much too quickly.  After four nights with Nana and Pa, it was
time for the girls to return home.  I expected them to be thrilled to get
back to their toy room, their outside toys, their pets, and their home.

While they were happy to see Mommy and Daddy, they did not want to leave
Nana and Pa.  We buckled them securely in their car seats, gave them
goodbye kisses, and returned home, already missing the girls.

After they arrived home and realized that Nana and Pa weren't around
anymore, they were definitely unhappy!

Our telephone rang.  "I want you, Nana," Katie whimpered. "I want Pa too."

Hannah came to the telephone.  "I miss you Nana," she cried. "I want you
to come live with me."

While I was not happy that the girls were sad, I was happy to know they
had a good time doing nothing all that special with us.  I was glad that
they enjoyed their stay with us.  I was delighted for the time we had to
spend with them.  For those few days, nothing interfered in my time with
the girls.  They were my top priority.

On Monday morning, Katie awoke asking her Daddy, "Where is Nana and Pa?"
Tuesday morning, my telephone rang. I picked it up.  "I can't see you
Nana," Katie announced. "I want you."  There's no way Katie could have
possibly understood just how badly I wanted her, as well.  I wanted to
hold her again, see that sweet little grin, give her a great big old bear
hug, and sing her favorite nursery rhymes.

While we enjoyed our time together, however, we all had to accept the fact
that life goes on.  I had to start a new week and go back to work.  Hannah
had to return to kindergarten and Katie had to go back to preschool.  We
had to file away those fun times into our memory banks and continue on with
life.

When was the last time you enjoyed "nothing all that special" with your
kids or grandkids?"

When was the last time you giggled over the simple things in life?

If it's been too long, won't you be determined to see life once again
through the eyes of a child?  The Bible says, "Therefore whoever humbles
himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

Are there some things a child could teach you today?  Hannah and Katie
taught me some great truths this past weekend.  It is not always about
what we do with the ones we love, but the attitude in which we do it.  We can
have fun rocking and singing.  Breakfast is much more enjoyable on the back
porch.

And even taking the garbage to the dumpster is enjoyable when you do it
with the people you love.

By Nancy B. Gibbs
http://www.nancybgibbs.com

Read and meditate on these scriptures:

Ephesians 4:29-32 "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth,
but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace
unto the hearers.  And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are
sealed unto the day of redemption.  Let all bitterness, and wrath, and
anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all
malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one
another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

Proverbs 16:18-20 "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit
before a fall.  Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than
to divide the spoil with the proud. He that handleth a matter wisely shall
find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he."

Romans 12:9-10 "Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is
evil; cleave to that which is good.  Be kindly affectioned one to another
with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another."

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever
things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if
there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

All of these scriptures can be found in the King James Version Bible.
Today's Selected Poem:  TEN RULES FOR A HAPPY DAY
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/inpoem133.htm

Today's Selected Testimony:  VICKIE'S WAY TO A NEW LIFE
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/testimony94.htm

In Christ's Service,
Dwayne Savaya
Gods Work Ministry

Please feel free to visit the Website to read more Encouraging and
Inspirational stories, poems and testimonies.  Our E-mail Archives are
available as well to read the messages that have been sent in the past.

You can now hear our stories and poems by ordering Voice Messages.  Each
volume contains 15 messages that can be heard and enjoyed anywhere a CD
player is available.  To order your copy, please click on this link:
http://www.Godswork.org/voicemessages.htm

You can also send Free E-cards to friends and loved ones with the many
choices available. You are also welcome to post your prayer requests in our
Prayer Forum.  All this and more available at --- http://www.Godswork.org

You can also send prayer requests to --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Add your E-mail address if you'd like correspondence with the prayer partners.

Kirim email ke