  portletcatalog.com
  portletcatalog.net
  portletcatalog.org
  portletcatalogue.org
  theportletcatalog.com
  theportletcatalog.net
  theportletcatalog.org
  theportletcatalogue.org

I had reservations about mentioning them on the jetspeed-list since I had
plans to sell advertising on the site(s).
My idea for the site(s) was:
  1) Searchable catalog of portlets - vendor neutral (Sun, IBM, Oracle,
Jetspeed, etc)
  2) Articles about portlet development
  3) Listings of java portal containers... eventually only JSR-168
compatible ones.

My hope was to keep the site running based on advertising from commercial
portlet providers.
I was thinking of allowing free posting for free portlets, and charging a
fee for portlets that
are not free. Also allowing for rating of portlets, etc.
Something a`la: Macromedia's tag gallery or rather Exchanges as they are now
called.
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm#loc=en_us&view=sn100&vi
ewName=Exchange

I don't want upset people who will be offended by the commercial
aspect/aspirations here,
perhaps there is a compromise where I could agree to allow jetspeed usuage
of the
*.org domain names above in such a way that I can still persue my ideas with
the other domains?
Perhaps it could be the same site(s) except the .org version is not
commercialized.
I would also want to be able to keep the .org and the  not .org sites
roughly the same
look-and-feel and features if possible. Ideally they would be identical
sites, just one
with and one without adverstising etc.

I'm thinking something like donating a 9 year lease for the domain names?
Jetspeed is not really an entity.. so I guess any agreement would have to be
with ASF?

I figured I'd post this out on the list despite the threat that now anyone
could "rip-off"
the idea. I don't see this as my ticket to retirement, but it would be nice
if I could
pick up some additional $'s and help the js portal community at the same
time.

I'm posting this after seeing David's last post about the server offer to
see
what people's opinions are. I think if people find it not altogether
offensive, then
we'd be two big steps closer to having a portlet area for jetspeed 2.