The patch to OJB which has been made as solution to JS2-48 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-48) removed the need for large scale refactorings as I proposed in JS2-56.

As I announced, I have been trying to perform these refactoring but without the needed success.
It turned out that, since the previous refactorings, J2 had already changed too much again to be able to apply my original patch easily. A lot more packages and common libraries had to be moved to the Tomcat shared folder as result of that. Too many to be done quickly and or without proper reconsideration.

So now we have the patched OJB jar with which our current problems seems to be
resolved.

I therefore gladly retract my JS2-56 solution. JS2-37 is still very valid though and
will be done another time.
Let's hope we have seen the end of those pesky classloader issues.

Regards,

Ate

Ate Douma wrote:
J2 Team,

I will try to create patches for JS2-56 and JS2-37 this weekend (hopefully done already tonight or latest tomorrow night).
I will send David Sean Taylor my patches as I still haven't received my account yet :(
Because these patches involve moving lots of files around I want to ask you to hold off other changes until my patches are applied.

Scott, if you have many more changes planned this weekend please let me know. I'll wait then.

Note: we are discussing other solutions for JS2-56 as well but those won't be possible in the short run.

Regards,

Ate

.