From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "Jetspeed Developers List" <jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: J2 - Menu Navigation - Root Folder
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:20:04 -0700 (MST)

Amit,

Sorry, I am pressed for time this AM, but here are a few pointers to get
you started. I will be back online in a bit to help you further.

1. Look at the nested document sets in the J2 demo example and how they
are rendered in the decorator velocity templates. I would suggest you use
these to generate the products and customer areas.
2. The top level pages, (home, contact us, etc.) should be simply sibling
pages.
3. The home.psml should probably be set to be the default page of the root
folder.

So, this boils down to this under WEB-INF/pages:

/folder.metadata, (sets home.psml to default page)
/home.psml
/contact-us.psml
/about-us.psml
/products.ds, (regexp document path set to /products/*.psml)
/customer-area.ds, (regexp document path set to /customer-area/*.ds)
/customer-area/download-reports/*.psml
/customer-area/download-reports.ds, (regexp document path set to
/customer-area/download-reports/*.psml)
/customer-area/comparison-tools/*.psml
/customer-area/comparison-tools.ds, (regexp document path set to
/customer-area/comparison-tools/*.psml)

Give this a try. We can discuss how to make this more dynamic using the
profiler after you get a handle on this approach.

Hope this gets you started....

Randy