Hi Paul,

all class files are in jetspeed's webapp class directory.
I use the initial jetspeed setup which i get after deploying the jetspeed
war file.
I added my web.xml entries to jetspeeds and I added the following entry to
the jetspeed registry
<portlet-entry name="eParts" hidden="false" type="ref" parent="JSP"
application="false">
            <title>Fanuc eParts</title>
            <description>eParts Online Order</description>
        <parameter name="template" value="login.jsp" hidden="false"/>
        <media-type ref="html"/>
    </portlet-entry>
login.jsp comes from my webap and is located in jetspeed's webapp root
directory.
Whenver login.jsp try's to access my mainServlet   I get receive this error
message
The requested resource (/jetspeed/servlet/mainServlet) is not available.

Do I have to change any of JetspeedResources.properties or
TurbineResources.properties
up to now ?

Marcus

                    Paul Spencer

                    <paulsp@apache       To:     Jetspeed Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    .org>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: class file problem

                    09.07.2002

                    12:50

                    Please respond

                    to "Jetspeed

                    Users List"

Marcus,

1) Is class file in Jetspeed's webapp class directory?
2) Are all of the jars and classes required by mainServlet in the
classpath used by Jetspeed.

Alternatively, their is a servlet portlet.

Paul Spencer

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i try to access my webapp which is running fine with Tomcat  from
jetspeed.
> The class files are placed under WEB-INF/classes/de/xx/yy Their package
> declaration is de.xx.yy
> but i get a class not found exception if i try to access the class files.
>>From the archives I got a hint to put the class files in WEB-INF/classes.
> Then the class files are found but i get
> the following exception.
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mainServlet (wrong name:
xx/yy/mainServlet)

> which tells me that my package declaration is wrong. So where do I have
> put my class files?
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Marcus