Thanks Brian,

now  it works ;-)
 Can you give me some explanation why I have to register my classes in
web.xml for use with jetspeed.
It worked well  in my Tomcat webapp without these entries in web.xml

Marcus

                    "Brian J.

                    Glas"                To:     Jetspeed Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <brian.glas@fe       cc:

                    dex.com>             Subject:     Re: class file problem

                    09.07.2002

                    14:26

                    Please respond

                    to "Jetspeed

                    Users List"

Is your servlet registered in jetspeed's web.xml?

Brian

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> all class files are in jetspeed's webapp class directory.
> I use the initial jetspeed setup which i get after deploying the jetspeed
> war file.
> I added my web.xml entries to jetspeeds and I added the following entry
> the jetspeed registry
> <portlet-entry name="eParts" hidden="false" type="ref" parent="JSP"
> application="false">
>             <title>Fanuc eParts</title>
>             <description>eParts Online Order</description>
>         <parameter name="template" value="login.jsp" hidden="false"/>
>         <media-type ref="html"/>
>     </portlet-entry>
> login.jsp comes from my webap and is located in jetspeed's webapp root
> directory.
> Whenver login.jsp try's to access my mainServlet   I get receive this
error
> message
> The requested resource (/jetspeed/servlet/mainServlet) is not available.
>
> Do I have to change any of JetspeedResources.properties or
> TurbineResources.properties
> up to now ?
>
> Marcus
>

>                     Paul Spencer
>                     <paulsp@apache       To:     Jetspeed Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>                     .org>                cc:
>                                          Subject:     Re: class file
problem
>                     09.07.2002
>                     12:50
>                     Please respond
>                     to "Jetspeed
>                     Users List"
>

> Marcus,
>
> 1) Is class file in Jetspeed's webapp class directory?
> 2) Are all of the jars and classes required by mainServlet in the
> classpath used by Jetspeed.
>
> Alternatively, their is a servlet portlet.
>
> Paul Spencer
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i try to access my webapp which is running fine with Tomcat  from
> jetspeed.
> > The class files are placed under WEB-INF/classes/de/xx/yy Their package
> > declaration is de.xx.yy
> > but i get a class not found exception if i try to access the class
files.
> >>From the archives I got a hint to put the class files in
WEB-INF/classes.
> > Then the class files are found but i get
> > the following exception.
> >
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mainServlet (wrong name:
> xx/yy/mainServlet)
> >
> > which tells me that my package declaration is wrong. So where do I have
> > put my class files?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> >
> > Best regards.
> >
> > Marcus