> Can you please clarify how this operates.  Are you envisioning a proxy
> requestor that will allow the main page DOM to remain intact.  If so,
> then this may work.  If not, then it definitely would not work.

Yes the main page stays intact and all portlet url's targets would be the IFRAME
proxy.  I have not put a lot of thought into the specifics, so that is open to
discussion.  Obviously, the proxy IFRAME will have to do A LOT of DOM manipulation in
the main page.

Here is a simple scenario:
My apologies if the diagram gets out of whack ;)

User click "Maximize" on a portlet

     --> This request is sent to the proxy IFRAME

(The proxy IFRAME then checks if DOM Manipulation required?)
        |                                    |
       true                                false
        |                                    |
The DOM is re-written to           Nothing is done to the DOM
facilitate the new window                     |
state.                                        |
        |                                     |
           |                                     |
         -------------------------------------

        The request is now sent back to the server
        to fulfill the JSR-168 requirements

        Does the request response require a change
        In the target portlets content?

        -------------------------------------
        |                                   |
       true                               false
    re-write the DOM            Nothing is done to the DOM
    accordingly

This is a very high level model of what I envision, it is by no means complete.

* Scott T Weaver                    *
* Jakarta Jetspeed Portal Project   *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED] *