Hi Scott,

--- "Weaver, Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gerry,
>
> Here is how I envisioned it.  You would have a "Request Proxy"
> probably a hidden IFrame that has the ability to write both to the
> client (DOM manipulation/screen repainting) and the server(record the
> user's current page and portlet state/process non trivial portlet
> requests).
>
> This is over-simplified but gives you an idea of how I think it could
> be implemented.

  The client-side portlet controller should exist in the main page not
in it's own iframe.  That would be destroyed anyway if the main page
were reloaded.  The key is that the portlets have to exist in a
framework that allows them to be manipulated separately - the only
construct that is currently capable of this in a browser is the iframe.

rgds,
Gerry Reno