From: David Sean Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 October 2004 07:36
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Re: List of user's portlets

Jonathan Hawkins wrote:

> Definitely in an action class.

Well that seems odd since the profile gets put in way up front, in the
access controller action. Guess Im stumped on this one without more code
examples.

Due to timescales we have restricted the
> functionality and concentrating on a customized "customize-portelt" page.
> have had some assistance yesterday with this, see thread "changing default
> customize page" and even that is causing problems.

Yes, I saw that. Using your own template for a portlet's customize mode
is very common.

> U have been looking on and off at Jetspeed for about three years and still
> believe it is the way forward for us, just get very frustrated with the
> myriad of interfaces/methods etc. From what I have seen so far I am hoping
> that Jetspeed 2 will be far clearer for those of use attemting to extend
> jetspedd and make it an application rich environment.

J1 can be confusing for application developers because of Turbine's
architecture mixed in. Most common programming problems are with
actions. I think the portlet api gets the render/action phases down
pretty well. You should try to develop a JSR 168 portlet in J1, just for
something to compare to and see how you like the standard.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

---