My portlet is defined with the following xreg snippet :-

<classname>org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.JspPortlet</classname>
        <parameter name="_showtitlebar" value="true" hidden="false"
cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
        <parameter name="template" value="CedArLinks.jsp" hidden="true"
cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
        <parameter name="action"
value="portlets.CedArLinks.CedArLinksPortlet" hidden="true"
cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>

My action class did not have a buildConfigureContext method originally and
so my portlet used customizer-portlet.vm by default.

Now that I have a buildConfigureContext method the template named in the
setTemplate call appears to be presumed to be a jsp even if I specifically
state myCustomizePage.vm.

I am assuming that there must be a way of using a vm customize page with a
jsp portlet as that is the default behaviour.

I presume I can still use a jsp page and be able to utilise the default
customise action as specified in the default vm page ?

Thanks

Jon