Hi Craig,

Start up J2.  Try going into the ${j2-webapp}/WEB-INF/deploy directory and
"cut" the security.war file out of there.  Wait for a few seconds, and watch
the logging statements as jetspeed "undeploys" the application.  After
successful "undeployment", "paste" the security.war file back into the
deploy directory ... once again, watch the logging statements as jetspeed
"(re)deploys" the application.  Refresh your portal page and you should see
the previously missing portlet.   I found I had to perform this routine with
several different portlets that kept "disappearing".  It seems occasionally
J2's application database gets corrupted and this procedure is required.  I
have yet to identify how this corruption takes place ... heck, I might be
the cause ;-)

- Frank