Hi ,

I have a very annoying problem with jfs under linux 2.4.20

I can not mount a partition :((

Error-Message:

[root@orinoco lehmann]# mount /dev/evms/storage3 /storage2
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/evms/storage3,
       or too many mounted file systems

(mount -t jfs ..... same result)

But here for some facts:

- jfs with Linux 2.4.20
- jfsutils 1.1.11
- EVMS 1.2.0
        Raid 5 System from EVMS

If I run

fsck_jfs /dev/evms/storage3  it runs for some time, and then it says ok,
when I look with debug_jfs on the superblocks they look quite usable for
my eyes.

What can this problem be ?? An other partition with jfs can be mouted
without any problem.

At the moment storage3 is a 100 GB Filesystem, and I do not want to
loose all the data on it.

So my hope is, that anybody can give me some hints or tips how to repair
this, that I can access the data, because the run of fsck_jfs looks
promising.

TIA for any help....

--

Bye

        Ernst
---------
Ernst Lehmann             Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]