Dave Kleikamp wrote:
On Friday 17 January 2003 09:18, Francesc Guasch wrote:

hope this helps.
Jan 13 09:01:53 barraxova kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
This, as well as the output from xpeek (jfs_debugfs), indicates that JFS believes the journal to be past the end of the device. Since the
I did an fdisk and I did found two partitions. One big and
one tiny:
/dev/hdc1             1      3660  29398918+  83  Linux
/dev/hdc2          3661      3720    481950   83  Linux

I didn't recall making this. so I removed both and I made
one of the whole drive.
/dev/hdc1             1      3720  29880868+  83  Linux

I mounted it again and it worked.

location of the journal is typically not changed (unless you resize the partition), I suspect that something changed in the ide geometry. I have no clue what may have caused this.
I don't know what happened to the partitions, fixing it with
fdisk made it work.

Thank you very much, Dave.