On Friday 17 January 2003 12:18, adrian wrote:
> HI,
>
> finally got suse 8.0 installed, Linux is installed on a rasta
> the os/2 has one jfs partition, however everytime I try to
> start lvm I get an error message stating that I should have "at
> least one partition marked 0x8e (or +0x83)

I'm not real up to speed on LVM, but I don't believe that it recognizes
OS/2's LVM partitions.  You may need to use EVMS to access the OS/2
partition.

> Since I already have a native linux jfs partition on 0x83 lvm volume
> this does not seem to make a lot of sense. Also OS/2 seems unable to
> recognise linux's jfs partition and linux cannot recognise OS/2 jfs
> partitions any dieas

OS/2 doesn't understand Linux's LVM partitions, but (if I remember
correctly), should recognize a normal Linux partition if the partition
type is changed from 0x83 to 0x07.  To format a JFS partition on Linux
that is to be shared with OS/2, you must give jfs_mkfs the -O (capital
o) flag.

--
David Kleikamp
IBM Linux Technology Center