On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:07:58 -0600, Dave Kleikamp wrote:

>You may need to use EVMS to access the OS/2 partition.
This is correct... Linux LVM does not know about OS/2-LVM
logical volumes.

>> Also OS/2 seems unable to recognise linux's jfs partition
OS/2 allows JFS only on OS/2-LVM volumes. Any other JFS-formatted
partition is not recognized by OS/2.

>> and linux cannot recognise OS/2 jfs partitions any dieas
As said above you need EVMS for Linux to recognize the OS/2
logical volume correctly before being able to mount the JFS
volume.

>OS/2 doesn't understand Linux's LVM partitions, but (if I remember
>correctly), should recognize a normal Linux partition if the
>partition type is changed from 0x83 to 0x07.
Mostly true...there is an ext2-IFS for OS/2 but it cannot handle
the additions made to ext2 since kernel 2.2 or so... so you'd
have to use the appropriate ext2 version (think it was 1.40) in
order to share it with OS/2.

>To format a JFS
>partition on Linux  that is to be shared with OS/2, you must give
>jfs_mkfs the -O (capital o) flag.
I can't remember what the ext2-IFS did to work around the
problem of Linux being case-sensitive and OS/2 not...
What would happen when using a case-sensitive JFS with OS/2 ?
(or is such access denied by the IFS?)

cu,
Stefan