On Saturday 18 January 2003 04:49, Stefan Tibus wrote:

> >> Also OS/2 seems unable to recognise linux's jfs partition
>
> OS/2 allows JFS only on OS/2-LVM volumes. Any other JFS-formatted
> partition is not recognized by OS/2.

Not exactly.  OS/2 will only allow you to format an OS/2-LVM volume as
JFS, but, once created, it will recognize and use JFS volumes on
non-LVM partitions as well.  I think the partition type must be 0x07,
though.

> >> and linux cannot recognise OS/2 jfs partitions any dieas
>
> As said above you need EVMS for Linux to recognize the OS/2
> logical volume correctly before being able to mount the JFS
> volume.

> What would happen when using a case-sensitive JFS with OS/2 ?
> (or is such access denied by the IFS?)

I can't remember if the IFS allows access or not.  I haven't had OS/2
installed on a system in a long time.  If OS/2 allows it, bad things
can happen.  I hope it doesn't.

--
David Kleikamp
IBM Linux Technology Center