On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 18:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi to all.
> I've experienced a problem with my jfs partition sitting on a striping of 2 disks.
> I've noticed some problems with the stripe ...so I have done a fsck on the jfs
> partition ...
> At the beginning it seems to fix some problems ...but after a mount ...I can't see a
> directory anymore.
> So I decided to start another fsck on the hard drive ...after that I can't mount
> anymore the partion.
>
> The fsck says that the partition is clean but a fsck -n says:

fsck -n will not fix any problems.  Running fsck -f should fix any
problems, it it can.  If this fixes it, you should look in lost+found to
find any missing files or directories that may have been salvaged.

> ------
> The current device is:  /dev/ataraid/d0p2
> Block size in bytes:  4096
> Filesystem size in blocks:  38837137
> **Phase 1 - Check Blocks, Files/Directories, and  Directory Entries
> Secondary file/directory allocation structure (4) is not a correct redundant copy of
> primary structure.
> File system checked READ ONLY.
> Filesystem is clean.

Hmm.  I wouldn't expect fsck to quit after only running phase 1.
Running fsck -f should repair the secondary structure.
> ------
>
> xpeek output (su)

I don't see anything here that looks wrong.

--
David Kleikamp
IBM Linux Technology Center