Hi Russell,

I recently had the same thing happened. It turned out to be a internet soft 
phone package called Ipblue that had been loaded on my windows 7 64-bit 
computer. Once it was uninstalled, all went back to normal. So has anything new 
been installed recently?  
Good luck!
Debby 

Sent from Debby's iPad

> On Jan 20, 2015, at 9:38 PM, Russell Solowoniuk via Jfw 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi everyone,
> 
> At work I run Jaws 16, latest update and Windows 7. I use Adobe XI Pro as 
> well as Adobe Reader XI. A couple of weeks ago I began having problems 
> whenever I open a PDF document in either Adobe or Adobe Reader. What happens 
> is if I Alt tab away from the PDF document I am reading, everything locks up. 
> If I try to alt tab back to the document nothing happens. Jaws will still 
> speak but not enough to do anything. Sometime, if I press Alt F4 a few times, 
> I will be able to get control of my system back. The trick seems to be 
> closing the PDF document, but this isn’t easy to do as Jaws gives me no 
> feedback as to where I am. I tried pressing CTRL + Alt + Delete and then Alt 
> T to open the Task manager. It takes quite a while, but it will finally open, 
> but I cannot move around to find the PDF document and end the task. Jaws will 
> read the first item in the task manager, but as soon as I press the down 
> arrow everything freezes up again. This is very frustrating as I work with a 
> lot of PDF files and need to alt tab back and forth between the PDF and our 
> database. The strange thing is if I press Shift F10 to bring up the Windows 
> list, and switch between programs this way, it works fine. It seems that the 
> alt tab keystroke, for some reason, causes my system to crash.
> 
> Has anyone else experienced anything remotely similar to this? If so, is 
> there a fix?
> 
> I called FS Tech support and, at first was told that there were issues with 
> Adobe XI, but then the person I was talking to seemed to change her mind and 
> tried everything she could to prove that it wasn’t a Jaws issue. I am not at 
> all impressed with FS tech support. If there is an issue with Jaws and Adobe 
> XI I’d like to know!
> 
> Anyway, any ideas will be much appreciated.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Russell
> _______________________________________________
> Jfw mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150121/df47e4c8/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

Reply via email to