A friend of mine is experiencing the exact same problems. She found that
the problems happen only if JAWS is running.
Freedom Scientific told her to fully uninstall JAWS and delete user settings
when prompted for that option. I have not heard from her since the
diagnosis, and she has to wait until the tech support guy with admin rights
comes over. Thank goodness I still have almost-full administrator rights on
my machine, so a JAWS install is a job I can do myself any time.
I will report back on her progress, or lack thereof, in solving the
problems.
Tim Ford
-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Solowoniuk via Jfw
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 7:24 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Jaws 16, Windows 7, Adobe XI Pro & Reader crashing
Hi again,
Someone on this list earlier asked me what version of Java I was running.
The version of Java I have at work is 7. I am still having the problem where
if I am reading a PDF document either in Adobe XI Pro or Adobe Reader XI if
I alt tab to another program my entire system hangs. I cannot do anything.
Jaws is still running, but everything is super slow, and I can't alt tab or
close a program or anything. I sometimes manage to accidentally close Adobe
by continuously pressing alt tab then alt F4 until somehow I manage to close
Adobe, and as soon as Adobe closes, everything works fine again.
If anyone has any suggestions I would sure appreciate it. Should I uninstall
Java?
Thanks,
Russell
-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Solowoniuk [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:39 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Jaws 16, Windows 7, Adobe XI Pro & Reader crashing
Hi everyone,
At work I run Jaws 16, latest update and Windows 7. I use Adobe XI Pro as
well as Adobe Reader XI. A couple of weeks ago I began having problems
whenever I open a PDF document in either Adobe or Adobe Reader. What happens
is if I Alt tab away from the PDF document I am reading, everything locks
up. If I try to alt tab back to the document nothing happens. Jaws will
still speak but not enough to do anything. Sometime, if I press Alt F4 a few
times, I will be able to get control of my system back. The trick seems to
be closing the PDF document, but this isn’t easy to do as Jaws gives me no
feedback as to where I am. I tried pressing CTRL + Alt + Delete and then Alt
T to open the Task manager. It takes quite a while, but it will finally
open, but I cannot move around to find the PDF document and end the task.
Jaws will read the first item in the task manager, but as soon as I press
the down arrow everything freezes up again. This is very frustrating as I
work with a lot of PDF files and need to alt tab back and forth between the
PDF and our database. The strange thing is if I press Shift F10 to bring up
the Windows list, and switch between programs this way, it works fine. It
seems that the alt tab keystroke, for some reason, causes my system to
crash.
Has anyone else experienced anything remotely similar to this? If so, is
there a fix?
I called FS Tech support and, at first was told that there were issues with
Adobe XI, but then the person I was talking to seemed to change her mind and
tried everything she could to prove that it wasn’t a Jaws issue. I am not at
all impressed with FS tech support. If there is an issue with Jaws and Adobe
XI I’d like to know!
Anyway, any ideas will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Russell
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com