Ted:

You've really hit the point.  There's no legitimate reason for copying
authorization keys except to be able to archive the authorization disk
to protect the legitimate user from the risks and dangers inherent in
floppy disks per se.  As to being sick of being told just what you can
and can't do with something for which you've paid hundreds of dollars, I
thoroughly agree with you.  What we need acorss the board is an
end-users' bill of rights.  Perhaps some person or persons among us
could undertake to draft such a bill of rights, and then mount a
high-powered campaign to get it enacted by congress.  I also agree that
if a CD-key system serves the needs of the greatest predator out there,
it should be good enough for JH, and that would solve this whole matter
from the standpoint of the paying customer.