On 09/03/2016 08:58, Alan Bateman wrote:

On 08/03/2016 22:06, Seán Coffey wrote:
I'm hoping we can bulk up some of the new exception handling. I've put suggested edits for the jdk repo together in a webrev. No major edits here but it should help supportability of the code for the future. Will it be possible to import these in before the bulk push ?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.jake_edits/webrev/
Thanks for bringing this up. No issue improving the exception messages, esp. incorrect API mis-use. I note that you've changed several InternalError where the JDK must be completely hosed (`java -version` would fail) if they were to arise.
Agreed - important for end user to know what the JDK's last breath was all about.

Given that there will be significant code churn for several months then maybe it would be better to do a pass over the exceptions closer to JDK 9 FC. Would you be okay with that? We can create an issue in JIRA to make sure that it doesn't get forgotten.
Yes - that works. I'll put forward a patch when this is in jdk9/dev. I was hoping to would be easier to target corrections before it entered the mainline.

regards,
Sean.

-Alan