Tools like Maven and JUnit are yet still having a difficult time coping with the oddball module-info.java file. Can we just drop this thing and let the layer provide metadata for the module? This way of defining module metadata is clearly causing trouble. Reference: all previous arguments from non-Oracle people over the last 5 years or so.

So far none of our software actually functions with Jigsaw, and the prospect is not improving. In the meantime the EG is alternately completely dead or in a state of we'll-register-your-issue-but-cannot-help-resolve-them mode. I'm highly concerned.
--
- DML