This also ties in with the question of overriding required modules
dependencies I raised recently [1].

Assuming a developer needs to change the module requirements of one of the
modules they use, this means - as far as I understand the current design -
they need to get the source of the module's module-info.java, adapt it as
needed and re-compile it.

Given how often I find myself re-working transitive dependency sets of
Maven artifacts I depend on (e.g. to exclude things not needed for my case,
or to only have a single source of the javax.transaction packages), I hope
there'll be a way for controlling these things which doesn't include
reworking module-info.java as described above.

--Gunnar

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jigsaw-dev/2016-May/007617.html