>> This is #ReflectiveAccessToNonExportedTypes on the JSR 376 issues list.
>> The problem is reasonably well understood and there are several
>> proposals and approaches being discussed and considered.
>
> Forgive me if I've missed something, but
> #ReflectiveAccessToNonExportedTypes does not deal with the need to
> make fields or methods accessible to the framework.  That's what
> setAccessible is used for.  It would certainly be nice for a
> framework to be able to say "make it accessible, but only to me.”

That is the question though.  Why does it seem like a good idea to limit
accessibility when there are so many other ways that the software can be
exploited without this single limit being able to control all the others?  Do
you think that people would not decide to decompile your module definition and
change all the details for visibility so that they can then do with it exactly
as they need?  In this day and age, and especially in the public software
realm, control of anything does not exist in practicality.  No matter what you
believe might limit any aspect of your software, there is no way to
categorically enforce that.

Only on closed systems with all kinds of access control limits could you start
to have some ability to limit what happens with/for the software use.

Gregg