Hi Alan,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com>
wrote:

> The name is unfortunate, a woeful choice, esp. in the context of Java SE
> and JDK where most of annotations are just not relevant. This is what lead
> to the defining the subset for JAX-WS.
>
> Anyway, the proposal is to deprecate this module in Java SE 9 and
> hopefully remove it in the future, Java SE 10 if possible. That is for JSR
> 379 and the JSR for Java SE 10 to decide of course.

So basically, your position is that we should update all the Java tooling
out there to remove the usage of the @Generated annotation? Because I don't
think introducing a dependency to the JSR 250 API jar everywhere is a good
thing.

If so, as mentioned by David, it would be nice to provide something else as
it's considered a useful marker and is used by a lot of tools. And even if
we do so, the transition will be chaotic to say the least.
--
Guillaume