Hi Sam,

1. This is an OpenJDK mailinglist. I typically don't look at the company
names when someone writes to the list. If they have a role in OpenJDK, I'm
already happy. There are Google engineers with OpenJDK roles, so I'd be
happy if they participate. But we talk about technical things here, not
marketing or politics. I do realise the need for those things to be taken
into account, but I believe we have to look at the point from a purely
technical point first.

2. OpenJDK runs very well on Android. I happen to be the project lead of
OpenJDK/Mobile (https://openjdk.java.net/projects/mobile/) and discussions
about OpenJDK on Mobile should happen there (and I highly invite you and
others to participate there if you want to move Java forward on those
client devices)

3. Those tools already exist, there are apps in the Play Store using Java
17. Gluon Substrate contains the relevant tooling.

Having said that, I really want to focus on the original technical
questions. I appreciate the concerns about the general position of Java,
but in an OpenJDK context, I believe it is best to stick to the technical
"details" and just make it happen.

- Johan