Arghh, I had a NullPointerException in the code I wrote to cache the patterns.

So now we know what happens when an unexpected error occurs in the ResponseAssertion.
If you notice that again, it's probably some error in the jmeter.log that will tell
you about it.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/18/02 04:29PM >>>

Jonathan you have the same sympthom I once had! Please tell me more :-) In my
case samples didn't record at all - there no records in ANY report (e.g.
Report Tree).

Could you see the log (jmeter.log) or console - can you see regex exceptions?
In my case there was ORO (deep in the perlmatcher) error: IndexOutOfBound -a
 nd sample processing stopped in this very moment (no logs).

How are you reproducing that? please tell me, I want to know what is going on
with that. (It's happenning to me very seldom, but it makes me nervous :-)

best regards
Michal Kostrzewa