Hi Michal,

Short answer: No.

Longer answer:
a. in my experience issues relating to thread safety can sometimes be a
little tricky to reproduce, let alone to reproduce consistently (I do note
your use of 'almost unfailing').  I get the impression that Jonathan may in
face have such an example, but whether or not he can provide it and whether
or not it can be formulated into a test case is another story.
b. either it is thread safe or it isn't - if it isn't then the fix is
required (the added performance and javadoc are also beneficial).  I am
trusting Jonathan's statement that the matcher and compiler are not thread
safe.

All in all I am seeking to ensure that my test cases work correctly.  To
this end I had implemented Jonathan's patch locally.  I simply volunteered
to provide the patch for commit because Jonathan lacked the facilities to do
so himself.

Can you please clarify the motivation for your query?  Are you promoting a
"no patches without test cases" philosophy or is there something special
about this particular change that concerns you?

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade