Is that a cookie?  Have you tried using the cookie manager?  The regex
extractor doesn't look at the headers - they are held separately from
the html body response.  A component or function that read response
headers and made the values available as variables is what you need if
this is a non-cookie response header.  Such a thing doesn't exist as far
as I know, but it'd be easy to write.

Also, this is the second time you've include square brackets in your
variable name - ${[ref name]}.  That would not be a valid variable name
if that's a literal value.

Also, "Id=" does not match "id="

-Mike

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 15:03, Ryo Sode wrote:
> Hey Mike,
>
> Thanks. Here's the kind of dummy test file. I actually figured out that the
> first request will always contain the actual string "${[ref name]}" stuck
> right in the HTTP header because regex extractor hasn't even kicked in at
> that point. In the second request, I do get the default value in place of
> where I wanted the value to be. So it might just be a problem with my regex
> itself.
>
> Basically, with the web app I am working with, the server responds to my
> request with a session id in the HTTP Header that looks like this:
>
> SESSION-ID: id=006C9BD4BB61F02200000009
>
> So I tried extracting the "id=006C9BD4BB61F02200000009" part by having regex
> like this:
>
> Id=\S{24}
>
> Does that look right?
>
> Once this works, all I have to do is have something like this in my HTTP
> request header and keep the same session id throughout my test.
>
> SESSION-REQUEST: id=006C9BD4BB61F02200000009
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> Ryo

Michael Stover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Apache Software Foundation