Basically, I have a test plan that has two thread groups in it.

The two groups need to perform their operations concurrently, however, the
second group must run for as long as the first one is running (the run
time of the first group SHOULD NOT vary much but it is not outside the
realm of the reasonable to believe that it COULD vary so it isn't entirely
predictable). Once the first group ends, the second one must perform a
given operation and then also finish.

I was looking for an appropriate trigger to signal the end of a thread
group's execution.

I looked into the conditions under which the testEnded method gets called
in TestListeners and as far as I can discern, each time a thread is ended,
the engine checks if this is the last test thread remaining over all
(including all thread groups) and if it is, the test is considered ended.
So it doesn't seem like the threads, once started, have any recollection
of belonging to a given threadgroup (right?). So it's entirely possible
that there is no such way of tracking the end of all the threads in a
given group, I just wanted to see if that was accurate.

Vince

sebb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05/18/2005 02:27 PM
Please respond to "JMeter Users List"