Checked the functionality for replacing variabels in the name fields now on JMeter 2.1.1
Works fine now!!
This problem existed in version 2.1.0 and has indeed been solved in 2.1.1

I encountered a problem with the Java Runtime version, maybe this the case also with other users. You can get errors on undefined functions. It happened that I actually used JRE 1.3 (residing under the Oracle JDeveloper directory) instead of JRE 1.4 Installed version j2re1.4.2_09 and pointed in the PATH to this particular version (and excluded the Oracle JRE version from the PATH, seemed to disturb things still, even when placed further in the PATH).

Rinke

Rinke Heida wrote:

I think I have the same problem, reason why I didn't upgrade from JMeter 2.0.3 to 2.1.0. Looking for a solution I browsed this mailing list and in jmeter-user thread "Unexpected Behaviour with TestPlan-Level User Defined Variables" (17/18 aug 2005) it looked like a familiar problem was discussed and I expected this problem would be solved in 2.1.1 (regarding the answer of Mike Stover) but it apparently didn't.

The way I use it in JMeter 2.0.3 is:
HTTP Request Name:    ${TC}-${GC}-01|Inschrijven.do
Where the User Parameters are:
${TC} a code for the Testplan (I have 15 different ones for one webapplication) ${GC} a code for the sampler group within a tesplan (groups being recorded with option "Put Each Group in a New Sampler" or otherwise logically placed together) As you can see, I replace the server in the request name with my coding and put an extra pipeline so I can easily grab the threadcode from the csv-logfile. Because we have to determine differences between two versions of the tested webapp it is easy find the corresponding requests.

We will not upgrade untill this feature is working again.

This i probably no help for you, but I hope some support so it will be fixed again. It would be much appreciated by me.

Rinke Heida

Gerry Ilagan wrote:

Hi,

I have been using jmeter 2.0.3 to perform load testing on a web application. On my existing script I use variables on Sampler Names to easily identify what is
being executed on the "View Results Tree" window.

I have decided to try and convert my scripts to jmeter 2.1.1. While converting I noticed that the variable name and not the actual values are being displayed. Is this feature removed in version 2.1.1 or is there another way of displaying
values of variables in "Sampler, Logic Controller ..." name fields?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.