I am still not clear what latency time is. Anybody can give a definition
of latency time in JMeter ?  The sample xml log in User Manual shows
Latency time is much less than Elapsed time. How is Latency related to
Elapased time ?

Thanks

Jian

Jian Tong - QA
Production and Operations, CBC.ca
Extension:  3357
Location:    2C400-N
On 14/12/06, Christensen, Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Most of the commercial testing tools provide a lot more information
with
> respect to response time.  For example, most of them report the
response
> time to the first byte as well as the response time to the last byte.
> Breakdowns of DNS time and content downloads are also typically
> included.  Does Jmeter have any of these capabilities, and if so, how
> would I turn them on?

See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/listeners.html

some listeners support latency (time to first response).

Other timings are not currently collected - please feel free to create
a Bugzilla enhancement request with full details of what you are
seeking. Patches also welcome.

S.