Hi
Im not sure if i understand your requirement correctly , but I assume this
is what you want to do?

Thread Group
   HttpRequest1
         Regex Extractor to var1
   HttpRequest2 , in the request parameters use ${var1} ?
Does this work for you?

If not
Instead of Regex Extractor , you can use XPath Extractor or Beanshell Post
Processor to extract values as well , depending on your requirement. To set
the values you can directly use the ${var}
If you need to change this value in some way you can use a Bean Shell Pre
Processor (or any of the __javaScript/Beanshell functions)

So this would work as
Thread Group
   HttpRequest1
         Regex Extractor to var1(or Bean Shell post processor or XPath
extractor)
   HttpRequest2
         BeanShell Pre Processor
            String var1 =vars.get("var1");
            //do stuff
            sampler.addArgument("requestParam1",changedVar1);

It would be useful if you could tell us what exactly you want to do with an
example.
regards
deepak