On 5 October 2010 12:44, Meinster, Chris <chris.meins...@capgemini.com> wrote:
> Hi collegue,
>
> Maybe this helps:
>
> The first https transaction that you attempt in a jmeter script will pop
> up a password box.  The program is asking for the password for the java
> keystore.  The password is "changeit".
> If you go into your jmeter.properties file, you will find a line that
> tells jmeter that the java keystore password is "changeit".
> Unfortunately, this line is commented out in the default
> jmeter.properties file.

AFAIK, that is deliberate, otherwise JMeter uses the client
certificate unnecessarily.

> If you uncomment this line, then jmeter will
> never pop up this password dialog again.
> Hope this helps.

The java keystore password is only needed when using *client* certificates.

The certificate in this case is a *server* certificate for the proxy;
it is nothing to do with accessing the server under test.

It just allows the JMeter proxy to intercept the HTTPS traffic.