On 27 May 2011 06:47, Daniel Watrous <daniel.watr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to setup a jmeter program to test a wordpress plugin.
> However, I can't get the login to work. It appears to be sending the
> cookies back correctly when the login is sent, but they don't get
> picked up by the cookie manager.
>
> I've been searching for a while and looked at dozens of examples.
> Maybe you can spot what I've done wrong from these screenshots:
>
> http://screencast.com/t/EW1zAgvlK
> http://screencast.com/t/2i8dTyBh
> http://screencast.com/t/fd5dGPvCb

The Cookie Manager is set to require RFC2109 cookies; these have a
specific format that is not always followed by servers (or browsers).

The default is supposed to be "compatibility" mode, try using that.

What version of Java are you using? This will be shown near the start
of the jmeter.log file, e.g.

java.version=1.5.0_22
java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

I've just noticed that the default when adding a new Cookie Manager is
set correctly to "compatibility" (first option) when using that
version, however when using

java.version=1.6.0_25
java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

which is the current Java version it is set to "rfc109" (the last option).

This is odd, since the code specifically tries to set "compatibility" mode.
Looks like there may be a Java bug (or at least a change in behaviour).