Jmeter's doing the right thing. If you're testing wordpress, file a bug with
them and tell them to fix their thing. If you're running an application
server yourself, I'd suspect it's something wrong with your application
server config.

You have the jmeter source, you could always change its behavior to do what
you want and recompile it. I'd start with CookieManager.java:

        while (cookies.hasNext()) {
            Cookie cook = (Cookie) cookies.next().getObjectValue();
            final long expiresMillis = cook.getExpiresMillis();
            if (expiresMillis == 0 || expiresMillis > now) { // only save
unexpired cookies
                writer.println(cookieToString(cook));
            }
        }

Well there's your problem! I can't guarantee that's the only thing that
prevents expired cookies from being sent. I suspect there's probably also
some code in httpclient that checks to see if they're expired before sending
them back.

I'd be really hesitant to change the behavior of the test environment to
mask a bug you uncovered, though. Sending expired cookies IS a bug, and it's
something the guys running the server should fix.

--
Bruce Ide
flyingrhenqu...@gmail.com