I'm still struggling with this. I've made the following video that
will hopefully give enough detail to help me along:
http://www.screencast.com/t/Dafijet8P9VS

I've also created a test site if that helps you troubleshoot this issue with me.
http://authnet.danielwatrous.com/testjmeter/
username: admin
password: test

The log file had to do with permissions. When I moved the jmeter files
outside of the program files folder it was able to create the log
file.

Thank you.