Hi,

I apologize if this has been answered as I am not sure what to search for.
I believe this is a unique situation.  I have two problems:

1. I have a JDBC request which does a VERY simple "select statement" with
the following sql:
select count(member_id) from member

This is then stored in a variable named count.  I know what the count should
be (should be 312), but the value count_1 gets is 40077.  What is even more
troubling is at some point, it started working and getting the correct
count.  Any idea what is going on?

2. In a seperate JDBC request, I retrieve a list of members:
select member_id from members

This is stored in a variable named members.  Then I created a THIRD JDBC
request to query and grab a random member:
select * from members where member_id = ?

In "Parameter values", I put in ${__V(member_${__Random(1,10)})} (note I put
10, not $count because I can't even get it to work correctly with a hard
coded number).  I see that this gets parsed correctly, but the error I get
is:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer:
"member_7"

So it's not substituting the member_7 variable's value.  Instead it's just
passing the string.  What am I doing wrong here?