From: derekmw [mailto:derekwrobelt...@gmail.com]
Sent: 27. srpanj 2011 17:06
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Issues with JDBC Request and variables

Thanks for the comment.  On the count, I am not sure what happened but it is
working again.  lol.  Oh well.

For #2, the problem is I do not know what variable I want to use, so I have
to do a nested variable (member_ combined with a random number).  So I at
least at some point have to first combine the two.  So I did the following:
1. Created a user Defined Variable - evalRandNum, with the value
${__V(member_${__Random(1,10)})}
In the Debug Sampler, I see that evalRandNum correctly evaluates as member_5
(or whatever rand number)

2. In my JDBC Request following this, I tried to then use your suggestion
and entered the parameter value of ${__evalVar(${evalRandNum})}

But this must not be returning anything as the error on the JDBC Request is:
No value specified for parameter 1.

Being that ${evalRandNum} evaluates to a string "member_5", I would have
thought your suggestion of evalVar would definitely grab the value of the
variable member_5.  But instead it seems it doesn't evaluate to anything.
Am I missing something obvious?

Any ideas?  If you could just have nested variables, this would be a lot
easier.