Hi,

I am using JMeter(2.4) for doing the loading testing of XMPP server and my test
plan is configured as following:

- Test plan
  - Thread group
    - Loop Controller
    - Java Request
       - Generate Summary Results
       - Constant timer/Constant throughput timer
     - CSV Data Set Config
     - CSV Data Set Config
     - CSV Data Set Config
For example :
Number of Threads: 80
Ramp up period: 80
Duration: 1800 secs
a) If I use constant timer = 1000 milli secs then the output as follows:
    Number of samples/Throughput/Avg/Error = 129307 / 71.2/sec / 64 milli secs
/ 0.00%
b) If I use constant throughput timer, target throughput (in samples per
minute): 100 and Calculate throughput based on: this thread only then the
output as follows:
    Number of samples/Throughput/Avg/Error = 214372 / 119.6/sec / 72 milli secs
/ 12.7%

I need to configure the test plan to get the throughput as around 2400 samples
per sec (144000 /min 8640000/hr).

Please suggest me what timer should I use

How do I calculate the number of threads / rampup period / constant timer
values for this.

Thanks