>Q: Would it be valuable to have a simpler mechanism to associate the Jmol
>application with web browsers as a helper application?

This of course was the  MIME handling mechanism, and the reason for
chemical/x-pdb etc MIME types. As far as  I can tell,  OS X does
not have a clear mechanism for setting this behaviour in the Safari
browser (It might have to be done indirectly via IE which has
an obscure GUI for doing this, or via 3rd party programs such
as  Misfox).  If anyone can clarify MIME handling in  OS X/Safari I would
be grateful.
--

Henry Rzepa. Imperial College, Chemistry Dept.
+44 0778 626 8220 +44 020 7594 5804 (Fax)