Has anyone ever made selections using more than one variable
simultaneously?  I'm referring to something like:

select {((resno=xres) and :{x[i]} )};    // this is meant to make a
selection based on separate algorithmic
                                                     // identifications of
desired residue number and chain....

I've tried several different implementations of this:

//within for loop
ChX = x[i];
select {(resno=xres) and :[EMAIL PROTECTED];

and

//within for loop
selection_expression = "*:"+x[i];
select {(resno=xres) and [EMAIL PROTECTED];

I've actually lost track of all of the different permutations I've tried,
but everything seems to result in a null selection, with no error.  Most
recently now, too, the Jmol graphics have been freezing as a result of
issuing this, so I'm wondering if it is even possible?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Tom