I found an example on a web page on how to use jmolscript in a cif
(probably should be documented better). Works fine for a cif file
although it's technically wrong; the symmetry operations should be
applied to the vibrations. I'll play around with adding vibrations to
a cif file, and making an xyz file understand translational symmetry
(probably some property, a clue with shorten my hunting.)