The attached (if it makes it through sourceforge) may help understand
the point; the file shows the first 9 phonon modes for SrTiO3 (not
quite accurate, the calculation is still running) for a 2x2x2
replication of the cell. In terms of general code I would like to have
anyone who does this calculation in the future (me, my students,
others) pick how
many cells they want to see etc. At the moment this has to be done at
a higher level, and is user-unfriendly.

--
Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall