Dear Matthew & Jmol users,

> This sounds like the same error that I had recently on Fedora 11. It
> comes with OpenJDK by default but you need to uninstall that and
> install the one from Sun, along with the associated plug in for
> firefox. Please see my most recent post, and/or you might have to ask
> your IT Support for help (I found it a bit tricky anyway).

I removed OpenJDK as demonstrated on the Jmol documentation pointed by Angel.

I have fedora 12 linux 64 bits & firefox 64 bits installed on my  
client machine:
firefox-3.5.10-1.fc12.x86_64

I installed jre 32 bits from sun: jre-1.6.0_21-fcs.i586:
=> /usr/java/jre1.6.0_21/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so is installed
  (with the 64 bits version I cannot find the plugin)

I created the symbolic link @ /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins:
libjavaplugin_oji.so ->  
/usr/java/jre1.6.0_21/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

However, the plugins is not found by firefox when I add  
"opera:plugins" in the address bar. Moreover, when I go @
http://molmodel5.sa.u-picardie.fr/~red/x/javaappletpdb-simple1.php, I  
get by now the classical yellow box with the following message:

You do not have Java applets enabled in your web browser, or your  
browser is blocking this applet. Check the warning message from your  
browser and/or enable Java applets in your web browser preferences, or  
install the Java Runtime Environment from www.java.com

I clearly miss something but I do not know what...

As I do have fedora linux 64 bits & firefox 64 bits installed:
- should I install jre 1.6.x or 1.5.x from sun ?
- should I install jre 32 or 64 bits ?
- should I do the symbolic link with /usr/lib/mozilla or /usr/lib64/mozilla

I tried many tests & I got lost...

thanks, regards, Francois



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
Jmol-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jmol-users

Reply via email to